What Is D20?

Are you curious to know what is d20? You have come to the right place as I am going to tell you everything about d20 in a very simple explanation. Without further discussion let’s begin to know what is d20?

If you are a fan of tabletop role-playing games (RPGs), you have likely heard of the D20. This iconic 20-sided die has become synonymous with RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder. In this blog post, we will explore what a D20 is, its role in tabletop gaming, and its history.

What Is D20?

A D20 is a 20-sided die that is used in many tabletop RPGs. It is typically made of plastic, but can also be made of metal or other materials. Each face of the die has a number from 1 to 20, with each number appearing once.

Role In Tabletop Gaming:

The D20 is used in many different ways in tabletop gaming. In most RPGs, it is used to determine the outcome of actions, such as attacks, skill checks, and saving throws. For example, a player might roll a D20 to see if their character successfully hits an enemy with a sword. The number rolled is then compared to a target number, called a Difficulty Class (DC), to determine if the action succeeds or fails.

In addition to its role in determining outcomes, the D20 is also used for character creation. Players roll multiple D20s to determine their character’s abilities, such as strength, dexterity, and intelligence. These abilities then affect the character’s actions and outcomes throughout the game.

History Of The D20:

The origins of the D20 can be traced back to ancient Roman times, where icosahedral dice (20-sided dice) were used for games and divination. However, the modern D20 used in tabletop gaming was first introduced in the 1960s by the company Gamescience. The D20 became popular in the 1970s with the rise of tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons. Today, the D20 is an iconic symbol of tabletop gaming and is used in many different RPGs.

Let’s find some more interesting facts about different topics on Tallestclub


What Is D20 Used For?

​ The D20 is used any time you want to know if an attempt is successful: attacks, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Each value has a 5% chance. After you roll a D20 to see if you hit an enemy, you will roll other dice to see how much damage you deal.

What Does The D In D20 Stand For?

Deuterium oxide (D2O), aka “heavy water”, is the form of water that contains two atoms of the 2H, or D, isotope.

What Is The D20 System In Video Games?

The d20 System is a system of game mechanics for role-playing games published in 2000 by Wizards of the Coast and based on the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons. The system is named after the 20-sided die which is central to the core mechanics of the system.

What Is D20 Vs D100?

D100 is more granular. With a d20, you could have a 30% chance or a 35% chance, but nothing in-between. With d100, you can have 30%, 35%, and every integer percentage between. So, in d20, you can’t, for instance, have a bonus (or penalty) of less than 5%.


The D20 is a crucial element in many tabletop RPGs, allowing players to determine the outcomes of actions and create unique characters. Its history can be traced back to ancient times, but it has become an iconic symbol of modern tabletop gaming. Whether you are a seasoned RPG player or just getting started, the D20 is sure to play an important role in your gaming experience.


I Have Covered All The Following Queries And Topics In The Above Article

What Is A D20

What Is D20 Water

What Is A D20 Dice

What Is D20 In Chemistry

What Is A D20 Called

What Shape Is A D20

What Is D20 Dice

What Is D20 Modern

What Is Nvr D20

What Is D20 Dice

D20 System Games

D20 Website

D20 System Pdf

D20 Roll

D20 Meaning Chemistry


D20 Rpg Games

What Is D20

What games need a d20

What does d20 mean in D&D?