Why would something with such a weird name gain immense popularity among bodybuilders, and how exactly does MK-677 work? Why do Canadian stores sell MK-677 for extraordinary prices? Is it even worth it? All the answers to the mysterious “non-steroidal steroid” — right here!
What is MK-677 and Why Do Athletes In Canada Take It?
MK-677, also known as Ibutamoren, is a drug that is used to promote weight gain, muscle growth and improve bone density.
It is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) and a growth hormone secretagogue.
MK-677 works by increasing the levels of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in the body, which promotes muscle and bone growth. IGF-1 is actually a natural thing, so MK-677 does not even need to intervene in the natural hormonal balance.
The History of the Mystery SARM
MK-677 was first developed in the 1990s by a company called Merck & Co. It’s a pharmaceutical giant, think of Pfizer in terms of funding and history!
It was originally intended as a treatment for conditions such as muscle wasting, osteoporosis, and obesity. However, it was never approved for human use and has primarily been used as a research chemical.
Why The Bodybuilding Community?
Bodybuilders and athletes are attracted to MK-677 because it can promote muscle growth, simple as that.
And they don’t care if it’s a research chemical or not: over 20 years of anecdotal proofs of efficiency make it a trustworthy tool to achieve a better physique.
Muscles are, however, not the only benefit.
Click here – Top 5 Business Phone Services for Small Businesses
Here are 7 potential benefits of MK-677 — but keep in mind that they’ll never occur in EVERY athlete, individual response makes them somewhat unpredictable. Still, you can expect:
- Increased muscle mass. MK-677 can increase muscle mass by increasing the levels of IGF-1 in the body, as we already said;
- Improved bone density. This SARM can also improve bone density by increasing the levels of growth hormone;
- More energy. MK-677 can boost energy levels alone, so it would be a great pre-train compound, if it was not an injectable;
- Increased appetite. It might not sound like much, but it’s a big deal for those striving to gain muscle mass —it’s crucial to eat A LOT in this period to get a calorie surplus;
- Reduced body fat. MK-677 may help to reduce body fat by increasing muscle mass, slightly improving the metabolic rate, and decreasing fat tissue;
- Better recovery from injuries. By promoting the growth of new blood vessels, it can improve blood flow and oxygenation to injured tissue.
Sounds like a wonder drug? Note a few things first:
- You should order on the Internet, Canadian pharmacies don’t sell MK-677 yet;
- Canadian fitness and bodybuilding associations don’t like when it’s used before competition, and MK-677 is easily detectable on doping tests;
- It’s not the cheapest option! If you want your MK-677 to be pure, you should buy from a reputable manufacturer, like NEO Sarms or Innovagen. A pack of 50 tabs would cost you about 100 CAD if you aim at good quality.
Sorry, but a strict budget and pure, high-quality SARMs don’t go together well in Canada. Luckily, MK-677 is not the only game in town, there are alternatives at a more affordable price.
Alternatives to MK-677 in Canada
Alternatives to MK-677 that you can actually get without a prescription legally in Canada include:
Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
HGH is a naturally occurring hormone that promotes muscle and bone growth. It can be taken as a supplement or by injection. However, it is important to note that HGH is a controlled substance and should only be used under the supervision of a doctor.
Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that is found in small amounts in certain foods and can also be taken as a supplement. It has been shown to increase muscle mass and strength.
Consuming adequate amounts of protein is important for muscle growth and repair. Protein supplements such as whey protein can be a convenient way to increase protein intake.
MK-677 is not the most researched, not the most effective (if we compare it to anabolic steroids), not the cheapest, and definitely not the “wonder drug” option.
However, decades of use and word of mouth in the Canadian bodybuilding community make it what it is: an alternative to far more risky performance enhancement compounds that still boosts muscle growth.